December 10 is International Human Rights Day. On this occasion, Belarusian Canadian Alliance is organizing a webinar to draw the world’s attention to unprecedented human rights violations in Belarus and shed light on human rights protection mechanisms that exist in Belarus today.
When and Where:
- Saturday, December 12, 2020
- 10:00 AM Toronto (Canada)
- 15:00 London (UK)
- 16:00 Stockholm (Sweden)
- 16:00 Munich (Germany)
Our distinguished panel includes:
- Ales Bialiatski, Chairman of the Belarusian Human Rights Center “Viasna”, former prisoner of conscience, winner of numerous awards, laureate of the Right Livelihood Award earlier this year.
- Valiantsin Stefanovich, Deputy Chairman of the Belarusian Human Rights Center “Viasna”, lawyer and human rights activist, Vice-President of FIDH (International Federation for Human Rights)
- Martin Uggla, Östgruppen Initiative for Democracy and Human Rights (Sweden)
- Marco Fieber, Libereco Partnership for Human Rights (Germany-Switzerland)
- Hilary Homes, Amnesty International (Canada)
- Aisha Jung, Amnesty International (United Kingdom)
- Viasna Human Rights Center is a non-governmental human rights organization established in 1996. Viasna is a member of FIDH (International Federation for Human Rights).
- Amnesty International is a global movement of over 7 million people in more than 150 countries working together to protect and promote human rights.
- Östgruppen (Swedish Initiative for Democracy and Human Rights) works to strengthen democracy and cast light on human rights abuses in Eastern Europe.
- Libereco – Partnership for Human Rights is an independent German-Swiss non-governmental organization dedicated to the protection of human rights in Belarus and Ukraine