Please print, sign and mail (postage & envelope not required) to the office of Garnett Genuis, MP
● Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the rule of law and respect for human rights and democracy;
● The Corruption Index ranks Russia as the most corrupt country in Europe and 129 th out of 180 in the world;
● Russia’s September 2021 parliamentary elections demonstrated clear violations of the rule of law, with widespread allegations of
corruption, systemic fraud, and vote tampering levelled by Alexey Navalny and his supporters;
● Russian state officials barred election observers from the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe in the lead up to the
parliamentary elections, with genuine opposition candidates and independent media outlets silenced, dissident voices banned on online platforms, and warnings levelled against citizens participating in non-state approved protests.
We, the undersigned, citizens and permanent residents of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to:
1. Withhold any recognition of the 2021 Russian parliamentary election results until independent post-election investigations into the results are held.
2. Stand with the Russian people by working with our allies to pressure the Russian government to uphold democratic and human rights norms.
3. Impose additional sanctions under the Magnitsky Act against those responsible for undermining democracy and human rights in Russia, including but not limited to individuals on Alexey Navalny’s list of Top 8 Sanction Targets.